Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KSD Jazz volume pot? 250K or 500K?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sheepdog, Nov 1, 2005.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Is the volume pot on a KSD Jazz a 250K push/pull pot or a 500K push/pull pot?

2. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    i havent opened mine in a while to remember what it has! but i reckon its 250k. if its 500k, then i guess i need to change it to 250k :p

in general most manufacturers like to use 250k with Single Coil pups!

i will confirm this for you once i get my bass out and open it

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Have you considered calling or emailing Ken Smith Basses? They have been very accomodating to the questions I have posed them in the past. Click!

4. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

for anyone that owns a KSD Jazz....do not bother contacting Ken Smith directly. He will reroute you to Brooklyn Gear who actually imports the basses.

figured that would save people some time and hassle.

-edit-

250K push/pull pot. I was able to get somebody at Brooklyn Gear to answer the question. Thanks for the responses.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Eenteresting. I seem to recall talking to Ken via PM about a KSD case and he was able to help me... that was when they were just launched, though.

6. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    i emailed Ken Smith before about my KSD and he told me that he can not help and i should contact Brooklyn Music for information.

7. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I think he has most likely been inundated with phone calls/pm/emails about KSD basses following that. Can't blame him for no longer answering questions. Technically he only provided the name and some original design work (I believe Leo did most of the design work, though :D )