Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KSD Proto J 70's fiver

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ralphdaddy, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Anybody have any idea what string would do best on this bass? When I bought it it had D'Addario's on it and they sounded good but I replaced them with DR Hi Beams and the mids are better but now my B string sounds kinda flat and plain... could be they're not broken in but I thought I'd ask the experts and see what you guys think. Thanks!

2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    All KSDs are originally Shipped with Smith Rock Master Mediums (RM-M). 'Brooklyn Gear'(the Distributor) has switched back and forth between .125 and .130 Bs so far. The First run or so had Medium-Lights.

Glad to see you came out on top with that GC deal.........

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hahaha, yeah I did, thanks Ken. I refuse to be screwed around by idiocy when I see something I want and I'm very impressed with your KSD line thus far. I've never seen any of your strings but I figure I ought to give them a shot, the DR's are breaking in and sound good but... you designed the bass and strings so I'll assume :) you know what you're doing and get some of your strings. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I always preferred heavier B's myself but that was using 34" scale basses, which size B do you personally prefer and is there one set of your strings you recommend more than another? Thanks again Ken, have a good weekend.

Ralph