1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

KSD Proto J 70's fiver

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ralphdaddy, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Anybody have any idea what string would do best on this bass? When I bought it it had D'Addario's on it and they sounded good but I replaced them with DR Hi Beams and the mids are better but now my B string sounds kinda flat and plain... could be they're not broken in but I thought I'd ask the experts and see what you guys think. Thanks!

2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    All KSDs are originally Shipped with Smith Rock Master Mediums (RM-M). 'Brooklyn Gear'(the Distributor) has switched back and forth between .125 and .130 Bs so far. The First run or so had Medium-Lights.

Glad to see you came out on top with that GC deal.........

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hahaha, yeah I did, thanks Ken. I refuse to be screwed around by idiocy when I see something I want and I'm very impressed with your KSD line thus far. I've never seen any of your strings but I figure I ought to give them a shot, the DR's are breaking in and sound good but... you designed the bass and strings so I'll assume :) you know what you're doing and get some of your strings. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I always preferred heavier B's myself but that was using 34" scale basses, which size B do you personally prefer and is there one set of your strings you recommend more than another? Thanks again Ken, have a good weekend.

Ralph