Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KSD v70j 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 20, 2005.

1. YAY....Hopefully This Week or Early Next it shall be in my possesion
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Details...where did you purchase from, shipping info etc? I have thought about one of them, but I am worried about trying to move it in Australia if its not to my taste - they look sexy though! :D

BTW no Kubriki :eek:

3. im getting it from the low end (brian barret)...i tried a 4 string a little while ago..was amazing...im doing a trade with him for the bicki, the bicki was sent off last week..plus brian was so generous paying all postage :smug:

you're welcome to try it once i get it mark...i got a few jazz trio gigs happening in sydney soon apparently

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sound clips when you get it, I've been checking them out for a while.

Although I don't think Ken did a good job of the headstock. I don't think it does the rest of the bass any justice.

5. 10-4 kimosabe

i think the headstocks are pretty sweet..but i still cant wait for it to arrive.....mmmm...marcus miller-ish.

speaking of marcus..how good is his cover of burning down the house

6. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    A friend of mine has that bass and came with it to three rehearsals that I ran the sound board for. Incredible sound and awesome feel. She is a little on the heavy side though so prepare your back. :smug: I think you will like it alot.

7. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    it's a beautiful bass. I'd get one if it was 34" scale. Nice score.
    -Bazz-

8. im a big guy, nothing hurts my shoulders...aha ha ha ha ha ha...damn growing up on a farm....lol

9. i just got a call from fedex....its in sydney...i just gotta come up with $165 for taxes before i can get it ...did i mention i was poor

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    What are the taxes for? You should only have to pay 10% GST on the brice as there is no duty on a solid body electric bass in Australia. If the total cost (including shipping) was not $1650, you should not be paying $165 unless FedEx is charging some customs clearance fees (which they may do and can run you about $100).

Lesson: Use USPS and not FedEx! :D

11. it doesnt worry me...i just want it now...im impatient...i just asked one of my band mates if he'll lend me money until monday :D

btw.....my first jazz trio gig this sunday :smug: ..ill be reading charts and improvising for 4 hours....yay

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You need to put a J-Retro in that baby, and some Nordie pups.

-Mike

13. it just got a brand new ken smith preamp put in it....i wait till i hear it about chaging pickups...ill keep the preamp...gotta get it first

14. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    I really hate to say it, but I told you so :p

15. shut up :bawl:

16. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Can't wait to see it heath. Sexy bass. Seriously, love the maple board/black pickguard/ash body. Very Marcus.

17. jermng

jermng

May 6, 2002
    Singapore
    Hey man, post some sound clips. I've been interested in the bass for awhile but just can't get myself to buying it without hearing how it sounds. =)

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Speaking of which, this should be arriving for me in the next week or so:

[​IMG]

19. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Mmmm. That's nice. I wouldn't mind a go of the 5 string version.

20. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Turns out it arrived today, although I will have to put the bass together tonight after work. I have never dug 5 string Jazz Basses, even the Marcus. Besides, I have an MTD Kingston 5 that is the business as far as cheap playable 5's is concerned! :D

Now if I could only afford a 535! :)