Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KSD V70j5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Dec 10, 2005.

1. there is a chance i might be getting one of these. if i do would it be a good idea to change the tuners and bridge. if so what would be good replacements and some links to places that sell the parts would be good also.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i have sold a few, haven't seen a need to replace either the tuners or bridge, but if you HAVE to, i would replace tuners first, the bridge seems pretty sturdy on those.

3. i have been looking at hipshot ultralites, but cant find which kind i should put in there any help. i know i want the clover leaf desing but they have all kinds of differents poles and other parts of the tuner

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    not sure, but i suppose the vintage style hipshots would work if:
    you fill in the existing smaller holes that hold the tuners in place with toothpicks and glue and then sanded them down making it as if they were never there ( in case they don't line up in the first place , the may! )
    2. the circumference of the bigger holes for the actual tuners is the same or smaller.. seems like it would fairly easy to make them bigger ( i have seen Carey Nordstrand do this to a bass of mine where the gloss made the holes slightly smaller ) i would leave that to an experienced repair person.. but.. making them smaller would not be possible-
    check out this page for a list of hipshot machine specs... you will, i guess, have to remove one tuner from your ksd to measure the size of the post hole ... i can't think of another way. That doesn't mean there isn't one, I'm just a dumb bass player :D

good luck!- A

ps- i have "entertained" a few ksd's ( i am a dealer ) and never saw a problem with tuners slipping

5. I've never heard of any problems with either the bridge or the tuners. Why are you planning to replace items on a bass you don't have yet?

6. i am just planning. so i can get money together if i dont like the tuners and bridge on the bass.

7. i have one, ive had it for 6 months, done over a dozen gigs with it, most of them in the last month-6 weeks and mines got a badass 2 on it, which is really hot, but theres no need to change the tuners, they are a little headstock heavey, but nothing major, i suggest you have at least a 3" wide leather strap for it though, it is a little heavey, well mine is at least...
    heres a vid of me playing mine at a gig, amp eq was flat except for a little boosting at 600hz, and bass eq i boosted the bass a little bit, sounds great :D

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=a5f18f1fbb7a6696e3fb6e84