1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KT90s in YBA200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by failuresXbass, Dec 4, 2006.

1. failuresXbass

failuresXbass

Jul 19, 2006
    SoCal
    Just wondering if any of the Tube Gurus in here have any input on running KT90s in place of the 6550s in the traynor.

From what I have read they are similar to KT88s except provide a little more power.

For the record, I am looking for the maximum amount of clean headroom from this amp . . . and it the 90s can provide that, it would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

2. From what I hear the KT90 is not a true power tube like the KT88 and 6550 are, it's actually a signal tube. It is supposed to function like a more powerfull KT88 but I don't know how well it works in actual use. I wouldn't do it...but to each their own

3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Ask Traynor. I don't have the KT90 data on this 'puter, but the recollection I have is that it won't make a worthwhile difference in output power and may not even bias correctly because of it's higher gm.