Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kubicki and Namm

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lyle, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    For all your Namm goers out there I'm wondering If kubicki still shoes up, I never hear anything about them, but you don't about alot of brands that are there. I've been considering checking out a future namm show some time and would love to see phil and play his basses, along with countless others. But is he still going to them?

photos if you got um would be ncie as well.

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Bump, any one see them there at all?

3. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Negative. Lots of cool manufacturers weren't there (Alembic, Wal, even Bergantino passed on Anaheim this year).

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Phil in his shop in Santa Barbara when I dropped off my ExFactor for refurbishing. He completely disassembled my bass before my eyes, telling me about it as he went, and then gave me a full shop tour including all of his tools, etc. Oh yeah, and I got to check out lots of cool custom basses in the shop too! :cool: Just contact Phil via his website.

4. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I was wondering the same thing myself, Lyle. And I'd love to tour his shop. If I'm ever in California again, I'll definitely make an effort to stop by.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I would like to see some pics of Phil's shop. I consider him as one of the truly great designers and innovators.

Do you have some pics to share?

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Is there anyone really that visited that shops and have pics of it?
    I am really curious to see where these basses are built...

7. sps500

sps500

May 19, 2008
    Phil doesn't go to NAMM anymore even though he is still a member because he doesn't sell through retailers but only direct.

Its a pity but thats the way it is.

With him in colorado now its going to be even more difficult to try his basses.

Cheers.:)