Kubicki Factor

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 0scar, Dec 27, 2004.

1. 0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey, everyone...my dad gave me his Kubicki Factor but it doesn't work. Actually, it hasn't worked for years...he stopped playing sometime in the early 90's so it's been sitting in it's case for probably a decade or so. It's still in very good to perfect condition...the only thing wrong with it (I think) is that one of the heavy tuners is broken (I don't know what to call them, they're the ones that aren't the fine tuners). Is this something I can take to any guitar shop and fix or do I really need to ship it to the HQs in Cali?
  2. 0scar

Jul 11, 2003
  3. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Call Phil and ask, but I think you only need to take the tuner assembly off the bass and ship that.
  4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    It may just be cheaper (and faster) to have Kubicki send you a new tuner. In some cases they may not be able to repair a broken tuner. I've had to work on one Kubicki and those tuners can be a pain (even when they aren't broken). :crying:
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nah, it's totaled. It'll never work again.

Send it to me, and I'll dispose of it properly.

Seriously, give them a call on the tuner - the above advice is good. When you say that the bass isn't working, do you mean beyond the broken tuner? Have you been able to plug it in and play the other strings?

Nice bass! Nice dad!
  6. 0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    :bassist: I just gave phil a call, I'm gonna send my whole bass for restoration :D

The question now is that since I'll have an almost new Kubicki Ex-Factor, should I sell my warwick rockbass corvette classic? :confused: