Kubicki & Fender story!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coleman, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    can anyone tell me why kubicki bass many time talk about Fender?
    what the story?

and Kubicki bass suit to everystyle & make the sound "flat"?
  2. well phillip kubicki origionaly worked for fender in their RnD section for many a year and he designed the factor basses and went out on his own for a few years, but somtehing happened, ive heard 2 storys 1 he asked fender to make his basses for a while and 2 fender bought him out..but what fender did was minimise the preamp to 1 active and 2 passive modes....

and the kubicki soud is very 'defined' and individual and is quite middy and punches through very nicely, the active modes are awesome, 2 band eq, and 3 passive modes which i find myself using more and more...its a tone machine, its 5 tone machines in 1.....but its awesome how you can switch from 5 completely different tones instantly, the feel is awesome, you can let go of the neck and there is zero neck dive, so comfortable to play.....

just think, if ihad to play 3 songs
    around the world - rhcp
    whats going on - marvin gaye
    the chicken - jaco

id have the seccond active mode for chilli peppers, the deep passive mode for marvin gaye and the bright passive mode for jaco..its better than lugging a whole rack full of basses around....i want a seccond kubicki for a backup
  3. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong