Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kubicki player's strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lyle, Jun 25, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    for you kubicki guys out there what kind of strings do you slap on your beast. :smug: ive tried the company strings and they are quite nice but dont last, at least for me. right now i have some d'ad EXP's and there not bad, not as bright as i would like. so what are you guys using for your kubickis? :eyebrow:

2. ive got no idea what are on mine at the moment, but they're only 35" scale so they act like taperwound strings which is really cool, little more sustain on your E/D string...but next week im considering DR lo-riders, bootzilla's or Dean Markley Blue Steel strings, possibly even bass blasters, ive never had dr's before but i have had the bass blasters on my atk and loved them, so im pretty keen on trying the blue steel strings, i know vail johnson has an endorsement with dean markley for blue steel and stu hamm used to use ghs bass boomers on his