1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kubicki Pre

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 16, 2006.

1. just curious, its been a while since ive had my kubicki, but can anyone look if you can hook up any sort of pickups to that pre.....at some point in time id love to try and get one for my KSD.....damn that'd be pimpin

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

probably Kubicki would be the best source. I've run lots of different pups through various pre's and never had a problem but there is always an exception and this may be one. Unless there's buffers and peizo's involved I wouldn't think much about it. I've felt more confident on pre's with a gain trim pot but I can't say I've ever needed it, and I've ran actives to a full range of passives to the same pres (I run pre's in outboard form and swap all kinds pups in and out of the same basses).

As a last resort result you could check the DC resistance of the existing pups and feel pretty secure the pre would run pups of a ballpark similar resistance. You never know anything till you do it but you can do some things that may throw up some red flags to indicate potential problems in advance.