1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kudos for Mark Wright at Accugroove

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by emjay, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I just had to write something about Mark Wright at Accugroove.

I bought an El Whappo on eBay form someone and a broken cab was delivered. Not just damaged, but really broken - a front bottom corner was smashed, and the bracing inside was split. Totally unplayable. :bawl:

So I called Accugroove to see if the company would fix it - and without hesitation, Mark told not only that he would fix it, but that he wouldn't charge me anything to do it. I would just need to pay shipping and for any parts that needed to be replaced. Amazing, right? It gets better...

I researched shipping 100 lbs to CA from FL, and that came to about $175. Mark thought that he could get a better rate, so he offered to send a call tag and schedule a pickup.

When the Whappo arrived at Accugrrove, Mark took it upon himself to fix it personally. Not only did it require clamping, gluing, and screwing, but he added a metal plate to the bottom (under the carpet), added steel internal bracing, moved a caster hole away from the smashed corner, and installed all new caster sockets. Then he repainted the cabinet, tested the drivers individually and then tested them loaded in the cab.

For parts, all I was charged for were new corners and a grill. The entire cost to me was less than $300 for all that work - including the coast-to-coast shipping both ways. Even a new set of casters were thrown in! The turn around time was about a week, which was an added bonus. :D

In my book, people like Mark are rare; and business people like him are even rarer. What goes around comes around, and the best is sure to come to him an Accugroove, I'm sure. If you haven't auditioned or played through one of those cabinets, you owe it to yourself to give them a try. They perform flawlessly to say the least, and truly live up to the company slogan - "Audiophile on Steroids"! :bassist:

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    that's cool

i'm glad he got things sorted out, that'll be a nice cab to own:)

3. you about gave me a heart attack...The bass player that I used to be in love with was named Mark Wright..but he lives around here. I was like "WHA???" lol! different Mark Wright..

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    That is truly impressive customer service. Simply first-rate. Kudos indeed.

May the gods of good karma smile upon you, Mark... :cool:

MM