1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kudos to Ampeg Customer Service.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deepwoods, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    I just bought a new Ampeg SVT-7 head and while installing the rack handles the screw head sheared off due to the screw hole not tapped properly. This left the threaded portion of the screw inside the rack handle and the screw head on my workbench:rolleyes:

I had just registered my warranty on Ampeg's site so I thought I would try their customer service support rather than going back to the vendor (Guitar Center). Within 24 hours I had a reply back to my email by Rebecca requesting additional information which I provided. She quickly replied to my email stating a new rack handle will be shipped and a tracking # forwarded. I did not expect such good service and quick response and wanted to pass this along.

I was a bit uneasy pulling the trigger on the SVT-7 after reading up on it here but luckily got a revision C which supposedly has the limiter issue ironed out. I am pleased with the amp so far. It is very toneful and very very loud :p.

The 5 year warranty gives peace of mind especially now knowing they will stand behind it. I had a SVT-3 about 12 years ago that sounded good but could not cut it in the volume department. At that time if I had an issue I would take it to Ampeg right here in St. Louis which was nice but that was pre-Loud. Anyway, sorry for the long post and thanks Rebecca in customer service, hopefully I will not need to use you in the future!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Glad to hear LOUD/Ampeg is treating you right! I would never accept an endorsement with them if they didn't. Enjoy the 7 Pro, bro...by far it's my favorite amp on the market that isn't full of power tubes.

3. JOE EDO

JOE EDO Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Central New York
    Nice to hear...usually you only get that level of attention/ service from Genz-Benz. Ampeg is watching, listening, and learning in this competitive market.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

4. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I agree, i had a pf350 fry on me a while back and ampeg sent me a whole new unit. I traded it up on a pf500 which i love and it has been working flawlessly for me since i got it. I have no worries now at all about ampeg standing behind their equipment.

5. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I just had great customer service from Peavey... I was looking for info on a head from the 70's that was pretty hard to triangulate, what model it was. They got back to me with in the next morning and even sent me a "your welcome" email after I thanked them.