Kudos to Ashdown

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MKS, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Just a little tale of those helpful people at Ashdown.

The light in my VU meter died a few weeks back, and it has been annoying me that I can't tell easily when the amp is switched on or not. So I phoned Ashdown yesterday afternoon and told them what had happened. "Is it something I could easily replace?" I asked. "Where can I get a new bulb?"

"No problem" they said, "we'll ship a new bulb out to you. It's a fairly easy fix just a little bit of elementary soldering on the PCB of the pre-amp. Here's how to do it..."

Today the new bulb / filament popped through the letterbox. No charge.

That, my friends, is customer service. :)
  2. Thats lovely to hear!

Already put a down payment on an ABM 300 EVO and can't wait till its mine, all mine! :p :D
  3. Am looking to move to their cabinets! Have sold one Trace cabinet and when the other sells, Mini 4 x 8 and Mini 1 x 15 Ashdowns will be mine!

Now, whether I trade the Trace head for an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO has still to be seen - but the Ashdown I demoed with thr Mini cabs was fantastic - it's more a matter of getting enough for my Trace.....:)

Nice to hear their customer services are so good!
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Same deal state side! I used the 'contact us' form on the website explaining my lamp went bad and what can I do about getting replacement. They misunderstood 'lamp' to be 'AMP' and sent my request to the USA distributor for contacting me with a close repair place. I replied and said it was only the light and I was hoping to just swap it out.... Martin Burrows of Ashdown UK mailed me a bulb, new meter (just in case) and a replacement knob for one I'd lost too.

Nevermind how much I dig the tone and vibe of the Ashdown stuff, they've won my gratitude and respect in customer service as well.

:cool: :bassist: :cool:
  5. Cool!

I have now bought the Mini 4 x 8 and 1 x 15 cabs - wow!

The Trace head is still on ebay, I may just have to keep it for now! Didn't quite make the reserve.....

I tried to order covers for the cabs on their website, got right through to the end and it came up with a server error. This was after I'd put in my address and payment details. I emailed them about it but haven't heard anything from them - that was 2 weeks ago.

Guess I just have to check my next bank statement when it comes in.

Doesn't look like I have fared as well in the customer service side as you guys....but their gear really is great!
  6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bassment Zombie-are you getting your ABM 300 from RockCity in Somerville? Those guys rule!
  7. James G. Ellis

James G. Ellis

Jun 22, 2001
    I had to send my ABM 500 to Chicago's Musicians Exchange for a warranty repair. The amp will be shipped back to me tomorrow repaired fully covered by Ashdown. No cost to me other than sending the amp in.
    It had a bad solder, twas fixed and now I am quite pleased to be getting it back.

8. Johnny,

Have you tried giving them a quick call to see if the details went through or not? The folks at the end of the phone are really very helpful and can generally help you whatever the issue.

01376 572872

It's easier than waiting for a bank statement.
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Arrrghh - another "Americanism" befouling our language - what does it mean!! :mad:

10. submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    From Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: ku·dos
    Pronunciation: 'kü-"däs, 'kyü-, -"dOs
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Greek kydos
    Date: 1831
    1 : fame and renown resulting from an act or achievement : PRESTIGE
    2 : praise given for achievement
  11. yes siree! Corey DOES rock...I could have bought it used (which is what I usually would do) elsewhere, but Corey has been so wonderful to deal with and so helpful, that I didn't think twice in spending a few $$ extra to buy it new from him...

best of all, they're located right in my neighborhood, and I'll get it this weekend in fact!

*ducks to avoid tomatoes* :D