1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kudos to Guitar Center, Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davey28, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Davey28

Davey28 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Gaylord, Mi.
    I ordered, through my local GC, an EBMM StingRay Classic. A couple of hours later, a rep from Las Vegas GC calls to inform me the bass was damaged by a customer a couple of days ago. He did an in-hand description of the damage and gave me the option to cancel the order. They knocked a few bucks off so I decided to take the bass.

After reading some of the horror stories involving this company, I was happy it worked out this way. The rep told me I would be upset if I received the bass in this condition if the damage was not disclosed. I thought that was pretty honest of them and I do appreciate their honesty.

OldDog52 likes this.
  2. Seems to be dependent on which store you’re dealing with.

Davey28 likes this.
  3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    These things are usually traceable to an employee who actually gives a **** about their job.

Davey28 likes this.
  4. Davey28

Feb 19, 2015
    Gaylord, Mi.

Yeah, for sure. My local store in Saginaw is pretty good, too. That is why I ordered it through them.

5. Davey28

Feb 19, 2015
    Gaylord, Mi.
    The call came from "operations." Ha ha. Must be the people who prepare for shipping, maybe? The guy was very nice and did give a s***!

OldDog52 likes this.
  6. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I buy food all the time from a local takeout deli. One time when I asked for a 1/4 lb. of my usual, the store employee looked at the sell-by date on the item (which only they can see) and in a low voice he said “This isn’t very fresh.” I thanked him and moved on.