1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kudos to Hercules/KHS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Versatek6, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Versatek6

Versatek6 Fretless is like Trombone Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I've had a Hercules double guitar stand for several years, a GS422. A few weeks ago, I noticed the clutch wasn't operating properly. The plastic around the roll pin had degraded and broken away, and the locking pin wasn't able to engage with the post. This was of the generation where they applied the soft-touch finish that turned into a sticky mess. I think that treatment caused the plastic to degrade and break.

I emailed KHS, describing the problem and sending photos. After 10 days, I had not heard back. I called their customer service number and spoke to a helpful gentleman, explaining the situation. He apologized, saying I should have received a response in short order. When he could not locate my email, he asked me to resend it. I did and he got it while we were speaking.

After looking at the photos he said, "That's a warranty replacement," verified my address and ordered a new stand, which I received yesterday, five days after the call. It is a GS422B, without the applied soft surface.

It's great when a company stands behind their products. :thumbsup:

I need to try one of their trombone stands now.

dan1952 and Hercules Stands like this.