1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kustom 1200 - no output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L.A. Moore, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Got to practice today plugged everything in, n o sound. I use cables I bought off ebay so I figured bad cable, tried another...... no sound. Tried a 3rd cable still no sound. Tried another cab..... no sound. Head powers, it shows input. I can use the line out to run into another amp and it works. Any ideas?

L.A.

2. Bighead Kid

Bighead Kid

Jun 2, 2007
    Does your bass use active pickups? Your battery might be dead. It has happened to me before.

3. No, passive. I'm going to take it to the repair shop tomorrow and hope for the best. I'll have to use my ART nightbass and soundtech power amp to get me through a few gigs.

L.A.

4. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    were all those cables you tried guitar cables, or did you try the speaker cable as well?

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I had a problem with mine where ONE of the two outputs did not work. I opened it up and noticed it was not plugged into the cicuit board on the inside properly. I stuck it in ad now it works. Try opening it up and checking to see if everything is connected securely right on the other side of the outputs.

Warning: Opening up your head might void any warranties. Make sure first.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021