1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kustom Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stephenq, Oct 13, 2009.

1. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
  2. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Those things are a huge amount of power for the money, people seem to like the sound a lot too.
    But, just be aware that the price isn't the steal that it appears to be. Musiciansfriend was unloading these things for $500 new even as recently as a month ago, may be worth checking to see if they have any left.

EDIT: also be aware that it weighs well over 100lbs, if I were getting something that size I think I'd want a separate head and cab for ease of transport, but I'm sure it's on wheels

3. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    ya i did, it says there gone, he said he would do 5 even, just dont really know anything about Kustom

4. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    anything,, anyone?:bassist:

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Play it, see for yourself. If you like it, that's all that matters.

6. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    well ya i know that much, i just am making sure im not gonna be buying a 500 dollar piece of ...

7. You know, it seems to me like GC and musicians friend were offering them a while back for like $500 (new).

Just went to the site(s), but couldn't find them any longer...

8. lwkeung

lwkeung

Dec 2, 2008
    San Gabriel, CA
    Can you add an external speaker to it?
    I see it's 1200w(internal).

Thanks

9. it really does weigh 138lbs, and does not fit through the door or trunk of any car made in North America. I don't have a truck, so mine stays in one place waiting for me to build a house around it :D
    It sounds HUGE :hyper:

10. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    yep there all out, i still dont know what to do! first the rick problem (thanks for helping:bassist:) and now this ha

11. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I don't know what the 3-10 cab sounds like, but I had the Kustom 4-10 cab and it sounded pretty crappy. Not to mention it was the largest 4-10 I've seen.

12. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    ya i went and tried it, and i still have my 5 hundred dollars, the cable fell out of the loose input, its f ing huge, and the eq crackled a few times while adjusting..:scowl:

13. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    i have nothing of value to offer this thread, but hello from one kansas citian to another!

:)

14. Charles Fields

Charles Fields

Mar 30, 2009
    All i can say is spend the 5 on somthing else, a friend of mine bought the 1200 groove and he had it for about a month and it fried itself, i also heard a 2 -15 cabinet it was loud but not worth the weight.

15. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    GC sells "Acoustic" brand manufactured by Kustom.
    The GC Acoustic have a better warranty.
    They probably would sound the same.

16. ;)

17. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    What a let down. I always wished that combo was pretty decent.

I have the same amp in a separate head and I completely love it.