Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kustom bass head and acme cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aenema, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    kustom seems to have improved their bass products a great deal. anyone have first hand experience with the groove bass 1200? it seems like it has excellent features for the price. anyone ran this beauty at 2 ohms? i wonder how dependable these heads are.

also acme cabs have caught my eye. i was leaning towards avatar but there are so many interesting cabs i keep discovering like acme, bergi, schreoder etc. anyways are the acme cabs versitile? i play slap, finger groove, and tap.

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Please use the search function.

That is all.

3. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    grr grumble grr. :rolleyes:

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Click the link in my sig and you will have ALL of the info that you want on this head my friend!

5. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    hehe i just got done reading every post on your link. man these kustom heads sound like a bargain. i like the idea of a bran new head with a warranty. i dont have the cash at the moment to buy a good head new but the kustom is very affordable. quadzilla are you in michigan btw? i live in lansing.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm in Maryland. The Kustom is the way to go for those who want a lot of power, features and quality for the money! A highly underated (or not rated at all) product.

It's a fairly new product that has not had time to catch on yet. Kustom was a force to be reconded with in the 60's and 70's and fell out of it for a long while. Now that they back, they just don't have the name recognition that they used to because most of the younger generation have no idea who they are (or were).

Shame too, because it's a great, great product! Go try one out at the local dealer. You can find you local dealer right from their site (www.kustom.com). Good luck!

7. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    kewl thanx quadzilla. only another month or 2 and i will finally get a rig again. currently amp and cab-less. now to narrow down my cab choices...

8. anyone know of anywhere to hear a sound clip of the kustom head?

Thanks

9. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    with the everyone so curious about the kustom groove bass head it sure it be kewl if someone were to record a few grooves for us. *cough cough ahem* if only we could track down someone nice enough who owns one.... :smug:

10. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I own one and i'm in Michigan :-\ Southwest Michigan (Kalamazoo Area)

11. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    i knew i read one of the kustom peeps were in michigan. groovy. :bassist: