1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kustom blowout on MF, Music 123, GC, etc

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by bthrem, Jul 22, 2012.

1. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    All, search Kustom bass amps on MF, Music 123, GC, WWBW, etc. They are blowing stuff out really cheap!

The Woodwind and the Brasswind site is the only one with free shipping. Just got the Kustom Neo 115 for $99 free shipping! I don't need this cab, but I couldn't pass it up for that price. It will be fun to turn the tweeter off and put my SL 900 through it for some old school thump.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    They have the 500 watt 5lb head for 199 and the 610 cab for 249.

3. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    They are listing it as a Kustom Defender 1x15 Bass Cabinet w/ Neodynium Speakers which doesn't exist as far as I know. Did you ask them to verify which model it is?

4. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Really considering that lightweight amp head! Thanks for the heads up! Anyone play one of these before?

5. Sweet! i have a kustom 200 deepend head. I got it for free as I bought a bass with it and then sold the bass for the price I paid for both. Its essential brand new. I am buying this and making a cheap little stack to leave at my band house.

6. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Rhinebeck, NY
    I found the Deepend bass cab here. For $99 I guess you can't go wrong, but they have piezo tweeters and to me that just says "cheap". Good to leave at your rehearsal space though.

Edit: so there are two 15" cabs - the DE115H and the DE115NEO. The 115H looks like it doesn't have a neo speaker but the other one says it does. No mention of the neo version that I can find on Kustom's website. Ordered 2 of them just to see if they really have a neo speaker in them. Also unclear as to whether it has casters or not. One pic shows them and another doesn't.

7. Dude, two of those Neo 1x15s are should work great with my incoming MB200.

Trigger. Pulled. :) :)

Peace,
    Greg

8. BloozBass

BloozBass

Oct 29, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I was preparing to pick one of these up from MF when I saw this thread. Thanks for the WWBW free shipping heads-up.

Trigger pulled also.

Just speculation, but it looks as if the regular Deep End cab has casters but the Neo doesn't. At my advanced age, it'll get casters within the first couple days of hitting the door!!!

Blooz :bassist:

9. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
  10. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Man, it took a lot of willpower not to order those neo 115s at $99, not to mention the 500W head for $200! My stack is juuust fine...:eyebrow: ..at least for now. Hope some other TB'ers will be enjoying those bad boys.

At the risk of going off topic, if anyone snagged one of the little Defender V5 guitar combo amps and finds that it is "surplus to requirements," as the Brits might say (i.e., intercepted by the wife), please PM me and let's work something out! :bassist:

SL

11. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I broke down and got the head from Musicians Friend. They had free shipping on it so what the heck.

12. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  13. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
  14. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The link to the Hi-Fi Sound webpage was just strictly for the picture of the cab. Got the cab from WWBW and the head from MF.

15. R&B

I cannot tell a lie. Trigger pulled on the KXB500 head. Bang & Olefsen guts. $200. Come on. :smug:

To cover the sales tax, there is a 10% coupon GOUSA at MF, or if you prefer GC for the easier returns, try JULY10. Worked for me. Free shipping. Did not buy the 115 neo cab as I would NOT be able to sneak that past the guards. :ninja: The kids would rat me out in a second!

There is a thread on this deal now in the Amps section. Secret is out.

SL

16. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Where on any description does it mention Bang & Olefsen guts?

17. R&B

See link to review in invalidprotocol's post above.
    :)

18. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Sorry, but was does WWBW stand for? I'm sure it'll be obvious once someone tells me.

19. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    WWBW = Woodwind and Brasswind

wwbw.com