Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kustom cabs...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by addylewis, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I'm getting a Groove 1200 head - and I'm thinking about speakers...

Has everyone got something against Kustom's cabs, and if so why? - They were made specifically for the groove, and surely the manufacturers know what works best with it...

...just I've never really seen anyone even mention them on here, let alone say they actually use them...

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I've read reviews stating that the 2x15 is nice (but HEAVY) and the 4x10 is just "ok", does not go real low. The head is great but I'd personally look elsewhere for a cab. Avatar is a good place to start (and go up from there)...

3. I was once in a band with one of the engineers at Kustom in Cincinnati. One day when I was visiting they had just prepared the groove stack for their first test and I had the pleasure of trying it out. all i can say was that I was impressed by the entire thing. I was playing through the 2x15 and it was just huge!! i was using an active 5-string and it handled it perfectly. But then again this was the prototype so things might have changed from then.

4. Sounds like its a fairly "not too bad" cab then. I'm just in love with the sound from my KBA16, so this 4x10 may give off a similar (but slightly deeper) sound, just what I like...

COOL DUDES, CHEERS! :bassist: :D

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have a KBA 16 also and that little dude has awesome tone. It has a Celestion speaker in it. I believe the the big cabs (like the Kustom 4x10 and 2x15) have Eminence.

6. The Bassist from Trivium actually uses a Kustom 2x15 on its side with 2 4x10's on top of it. Its pretty bad a$$, but it wasn't an quiet/soloed enough situation to tell what his amp really sounded like.