Kustom combos at MF...cheap!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SMG, Sep 17, 2002.

1. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Ok, these are only Kustoms, but MF has the 30 watt bass combo for $80. I bought one and it sounds pretty damn good for an $80 practice amp.

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA

I bought the KBA16 for $49.95 at MF, and I love it. I use it for rehearsals and at home and it sounds great for a $50.00 amp.
  3. ylexot

Oct 1, 2002
    St. Inigoes, MD
    I got the KBA30 for $80. Great deal for a beginner like myself.
  4. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I just ordered one too. I was looking for a cheap amp, and that looks like a great deal!
  5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    I actually ordered both the 30 watter and the 65 watter, thinking I would try them both and send one back. The 65 watt amp, while being about 3 inches taller, and a couple of inches wider, has a far bigger sound. Furthermore, the 6 band EQ, the volume AND gain, and the digital effects are all nice additions on top of the extra 35 watts and the 12 inch speaker. If you want some more sound (maybe even enough to use on a low powered gig) and tonal options, the KBA65 is my suggestion. After about 15 minutes of comparing the two, it become obvious which one was going back..."Brown" already has the 30 watt amp in "his" possesion.

6. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I'm buying a Kustom 100watt... the KBA10, which I have, sucks though...heh... what am I saying though, this amp wasn't intended for full band practice. :D
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Does anyone know any other sources that have these Kustom combos for less than MF? They usually aren't the cheapest around but the good places like BC and BassNW don't carry this Krap. :)

I just need a cheap practice amp because I'm about to move into an apt. and my 400 watts+4x10 is gonna create a disturbance even at low levels. I stupidly passed up a Peavey Microbass used like new for 80 bucks last month. How does the 35 watt Kustom compare to the Microbass? Anyone played both?

brad cook
  8. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    DigMe, I suggest going to mom & pop musician stores. They usually are more into selling lesser known brands.