1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kustom "DE 200HD"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NINoah, Sep 29, 2008.

1. NINoah

NINoah

Sep 14, 2008
    Im in the market for a new cheap gig rig and I came across a 'Kustom DE 200HD' head. The reason I am interested in this head is that one of my old theory teachers had a 'Kustom GROOVE 600 HD' head which I was going to get for a while but I sadly couldn't afford it...:crying::crying::crying: My question is does the DE 200HD have a comparable sound to Kustoms "high end" head? :confused:

2. NINoah

NINoah

Sep 14, 2008
    yet another failed thread Ive posted... lol

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    This same amp, with a couple of small differences is the "Acoustic B200H" as sold at GC.
    So if you have a GC near by you can try one out. Good reviews if you search this board.
    The Acoustic is cheaper.

4. A few other cosmetic differences are as follows.

The Kustom has a front loaded XLR without a variable volume.

The Kustom has an additional Line out in the back.

Now nobody has yet to post an actual test of the two amps side by side. It has been established that they look a lot alike and that the same Kustom assembles the Acoustic but that is it .

I must say I'm tempted to buy one just to end this once and for all but since the governement has promised the world is coming to an end I think I'll hold off.

Oh the Kustom appears to be rackable, the Acoustic is in it's own case.

CP

5. I have a Kustom DE200 and it has given very good results to me..

It seems to be very well built and it really sounds very loud to be a 200W amp.

The eq is versatile enough, and the notch knob is useful to eliminate unwanted freqs (what I don't like is that you can't bypass it).

IMO, in terms of quality, it's as good as the groovebass series, obviously with less power and features.