1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kustom deep end 210 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tpbasstp, Jul 30, 2012.

1. tpbasstp

tpbasstp

Jul 30, 2012
    I recently purchased a kustom deep end 210 combo online in a closeout sale. It gets to my house and is in beautiful condition and sounds great! the only problem is that there is a rattle when I turn it up a little bit and I dont know what it is. And I dont know how to get in to the cab because it is sealed off. any suggestions on how to fix it?

2. tpbasstp

tpbasstp

Jul 30, 2012
    it sounds like its an electrical problem.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What is your definition of "turn it up a little bit"? With only 2 10's for volume, they are your limitation. Using low eq eats up power, and where the dials are set means nothing. More info please.

4. tpbasstp

tpbasstp

Jul 30, 2012
    By a little bit I mean a little. like to 1 or 2.

5. tpbasstp

tpbasstp

Jul 30, 2012
    it still rattles when its loud too.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Details. 1 or 2, as in "o clock", then how about gain?, how about eq? what bass? active? give us something to work with.

7. tpbasstp

tpbasstp

Jul 30, 2012
    I ussually keep gain at 11 o clock, bass at 4 o clock, middle at 2.5 o clock, and treble at 2 o clock. the bass I use is an Ibanez active with an active p/j pickup config. I have tried other basses through( active and passive) and I get the same result. once I turn the volume on past 7.5 oclock it starts to crackle. I have noticed however that when I tilt it back, the crackling is very faint. I dont really have any idea what it might be

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Pushing the low eq that far will eat your volume overall. Try cutting the lows, and boosting the mids, I bet you get alot more out of it.