Kustom groove 1200hd on the way!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Apr 3, 2005.

1. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    just ordered my groove 1200 hd today! great price for 1200 watts at 2ohm . now i have to part with my Traynor YBA200
    im going back to solid state! tubes are great just not my cup of tea! :bassist:
  2. Nice score man. What does HD mean? Heavy duty?
  3. Joe Martin

Joe Martin

Mar 23, 2005
    Frederick, MD
    Short for head maybe?

Tubes aren't for everyone I guess...

I <3 them. :p

GL with the Kustom, so for only positive things are being said about it.
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Don't give up on tubes just yet, it may just be you don't like the Traynor tube sound. I don't, but I love the Mesa 400+ and Ampeg SVT tube sounds! Try some others and see if they strike your fancy down the road. Congrats on the new amp.
  5. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Excellent head, I have one, its awesome
  6. I am looking at buying one of these for what has been dubbed the 'uber rig'.
  7. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    pretty soon you guys might see me post after i order my kustom 1200. ;) let us know what you think of the head hondo. they seem to smoke everything in their price range. congrats and have fun! :bassist:
  8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I was the first here to take the plunge on the Kustom GB 1200 and I'm glad I did! Awesome head! I must be a trend setter because I was also the first one to try Avatar cabs here on TB too (and wrote multiple reviews on them way back then). I'm always looking for the biggest bang for the buck. It appears that I have found a couple winners! :hyper: :D :p

Good luck with the head, I KNOW that you will love it! :smug:
  9. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Why dont you just brag some more, sheesh. Haha, Just kidding.
  10. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    $509.00 free shipping! i will let you all know how it goes! im going to try it thru my Yorkville 1510 cab!! i hope it sounds good! this is the matching cab to go with the traynor YBA200
    tube amp! its all i can do for now$ it shouldnt sound to bad. it has a 15" and 2-10"s w/ horn. wish me luck!!! :eyebrow:
  11. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    That's an awesome price. GAS
  12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Got mine for $485 + tax from my local dealer. He really hooked me up! :)
  13. sal paradise

sal paradise

Aug 12, 2004
  14. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I just bought one today. I'm in LOVE so far. I'm sure I'll have more to say after putting it to proper use.
  15. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    PM sent about the Traynor YBA200 hondo. :)