Kustom Groove 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Anybody use one? I'm in dire need of a (much) bigger rig now that I'm in a gigging band, and I'm looking pretty hard at the Kustom Groove series. I've pretty much settled on the Groove 1200 head, and I'm leaning towards the Groove 410 cab, but I haven't heard it. Does anybody have any experience with it? My band plays hardcore/metal along the lines of As I Lay Dying or Throwdown, so I'm looking for a fairly agressive sound with a fair ammount of bottom end, since we tune to C or C#. Anybody have a couple of pennies to spare? It seems like the Groove 1200 is getting a lot of press and good reviews, but I'm having a hard time pulling up anything about the 4x10.
  2. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    do a forum search on kustom, I know that I started a bunch of threads a while ago (1-3 months ago) there have also been several threads about them that have popped up recently,

personnaly, I'm getting the head with their 215, I played the 410 at the store and it sounded pretty good at low volume and in standard tuning with a four string (small store, didn't want to disturb the other customers as i did not plan to buy that day)

what kind of bass do you play?

p.s. I went down to drop d for a dit and it sounded worth it with the woofer option on the head turned on.
  3. I already did do a search for the 410, and I didn't really find much that helped me. Right now I'm playing a Fender P with an Ash body, but I'm hoping to pick up another bass that I can beat around a little more that's lighter and more agressive sounding.

And yeah, I thought that it should be able to handle the low notes pretty well, since the frequency range is pretty wide on it, I was just trying to get some hands-on reviews of it.
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I played and hated it. It is missing something and the people at my local music store agreed that it is not a great cab, OK ,but not great. Look up the specs, the speaker sensitivity for one is not that great. plus heavy! 102 lbs! There are some 4x10 cabs for sale on line right now that may be better and their cheaper, such as Aguilar, swr,tech21,ect...

5. I tried a Kustom 4x10 and didn't care for it. It broke up too easily at moderate volumes.
  6. mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    music123 has an open box deal for 500 bones right now.
  7. Ok, so it's not looking like the Groove 410 is all that great. My dilemma is that I work at a guitar shop and I get my employee discount on what we carry, and I'm sort of obligated to play what we carry. So it's sort of a toss up between Mesa Boogie (way too expensive, even with my employee discount), Hartke (which I really don't like very much) and G-K (which is a possibility, except that they don't seem to have quite enough low end). If I don't go with the Kustom, it will most likely be a G-K rig.
  8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Why not the kustom 2x15?
  9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Kustom 2x15 is a FAR better cab than the 4x10. The 4x10 blows, but the 2x15 is damn nice (but heavey)!
  10. Well, the main reason I was leaning towards the 4x10 is the more agressive tone overall. I think I've actually changed my mind on the whole thing, to be honest. I'm leaning more towards a G-K rig now.
  11. JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    I have a Kustom Groove Bass 1200 head. It's loud! I run it through an Avatar 2x12 cab with Eminence speakers. My band isn't a hardcore band, we're more Classic Rock, but we crank it up and jam. The amd and the cab can definitely hold their own, and for a very reasonable price! I am planning on getting a 2x10 matching Avatar cab to finish out my rig. It sounds great and is a great deal for the price!