Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kustom Groove Bass 1200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaM90, Jun 22, 2005.

1. CaM90

CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--KUSGB1200H
    This head looks too good to be true. It's 1200 watts at 2 ohms, 750 watts at 4 ohms, and 450 watts at 8ohms! Does anyone own one or has tryed one out? How realiable is it? What problems has it had? Does it really give out as much as it says it does? Im just considering this and it seems good but its alittle cheap...

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Here it comes...

3. To paraphrase a bunch of old soldiers -

"Search First and ask questions later".

:)

4. I've had mine(the second one) for a few months now.
    The first one blew up on me after about 2 weeks.
    It was taken care of with no problem.
    Quickly(2 business days)...with no charge for shipping the replacement or return shipping on the defective head.

I still love the tone and power from this thing.
    We gig out about 3-5 times a month and so far so good.

There are most definitely better heads for more money.
    Try one out if you can, it might just be the thing you're looking for (or not).

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Do a search for sure. They can be had for under $500 new. I had the first one here on the forums (also was first to own an Avatar cab a few years ago or so too). Best head for $500 or less new, no doubt. I've owned MANY other heads and almost all of them cost more than the Kustom, but none were really any better. I'm 110% happy with the Kustom. Again, do a search...

6. i have heard only good things about them. in fact, someone just posted that they got one for $469... you might want to search. i'm sure quadzilla will drop in here soon. he swears by his, and a bunch of other people do too. it's definetly worth a look.