Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kustom Groove Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkindrublic, Feb 20, 2006.

1. punkindrublic

punkindrublic

Dec 10, 2005
    Any opnions?? Anyone know much about this head?? 1200 watts sounds tempting, but the $600 price tag scares me... :eyebrow: Thats a lot of power for not a lot of money..... I would appreciate any opinions any of you may have on this head... Thanks.....

2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Try doing some searches on it. I've seen quite a few threads where people have talked about it. And my recollection is that most of the reports I've seen have been pretty favorable. I've never had a chance to try one, but I'd love to. I've also been tempted to jump on the few uesd ones I've seen.

One thing though. Though it does put out 1200W, it only does that with a 2 Ohm load. At 4 Ohms power output is 750W and at 8 Ohms it's 450W. Still impressive numbers, though, and the fact that it handles a 2 Ohm load is nice also.

3. It's the perfect budget head for bass players who don't get any PA support. It's tone is pretty good, too. You can pick up used ones for $400 and under.

4. I got a "B-Stock" online for $399. ZERO issues with this head. I played guitar for about a dozen years - picked up bass about a year ago & it fit the bill as my first real bass amp. Plenty of power, great tone controls, reliable.

I like mine, and will probably always have it. I am starting to put together a tube rig with a large cabinet... but, until then - my Kustom GB and my 2 Avatar cabs keep me going. They have done a lot of shows together.. and I have no problems whatsoever out of my Kustom GB 1200. I would give it thumbs up!

5. Many have tried this and liked it quite a lot.

Please, please do a search in this forum for this information - there have been MANY threads, posts, reviews, and follow-up reviews on this head.