Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kustom groove cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Jun 15, 2005.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    anyone tryed the 215 or 410 groove cabs ?
    i love my 1200 head just want to know how the cabs sound
    with this head! :meh:

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The cabs sound just fine, but they are not very efficent and eat up the watts. Unless you are using them in the studio, I would not recommend them.

3. Just from playing one in a store a bunch of times, the 410 likes to break up when played loudly lower than open E. Its not a good cab for drop D or 5th string low B. It sounds very unremarkable otherwise.

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I've read that the 2x15 is a nice cab but the 4x10 isn't. I'm using Avatar cabs (a 1x12 and a 2x10 stacked) with my Groove Bass head and it's a nice setup and can handle a low B with ease...

5. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    I played through the 2x15 with the groove bass 1200 head at a music store. They wouldnt let me take it very loud, but it had a deep, smooth tone. Seemed pretty well made, but you could probably do better for the same money spent.

6. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    as stated before, the cabs are very unremarkable. They weigh nearly as much as Ampeg cabs, cost pretty close to them but sound about 1/2 as good. When I bought my Kustom Groove head the guy tried to sell me the 4x10 with it. As I already had an Ampeg 4x10 I decided to test them both out next to eachother. The Ampeg was very punchy and raw, while the Kustom was pretty tame and lacked any true definition in tone. My view is the cab is poorly designed for todays players...

On a side note I'm considering going with the 1x12 2x10 Avatar setup and saying goodbye to my 110lb Ampeg. You've all had quite the influence on me lately, keep it up :D

7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    a very good rig...I have the Avatar 210 NEO and (of course) the Kustom GrooveBass 1200 :hyper:. I'm thinking about getting a 112 and leaving it at church and keepin' the new Avatar 212 NEO (due late summer) @ home for gigs. Only one cab to transport back and forth and it's only 44 lbs!!!

8. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    :eek: :hyper: :D :bassist:

This is the first I've heard of this, and now I'm extremely excited! I'm guessing this means they plan to make a 1x12 neo as well? I wonder what the 12" cabs will weigh in at.

on a side note, anyone have any pictures of their Kustom/Avatar setups?

Hondo, you might want to go take a look at the Avatar website, between the prices and quality, its really hard to not choose them. I can't wait till I no longer have to lug this 110lb back pain 3 times a week.

9. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, late June or early July, the B212 NEO's will be coming out!!!!

From what I've gathered, they'll be around 55 lbs, with around a 5.2 mm x-max. No price as of yet, but judging from the current pricing model, I'd say they'll be right around $300 or so.

As soon as I get my FULL rig, I'll post pics. but in the meantime, go to the "Show Us Your Amps" thread and type in GrooveBass or Avatar to see some killer rigs!