1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kustom Groove Combo's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tom once dead, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Ok everyone, Im saving for an amp and I am looking at a few and trying to get as much info as possible. So i was looking at a Kustom 3x10 Groove combo.
    all input is greatly appreciated!

Other rigs I'm looking at:
    Ashdown mag 600 head mag 410 cab
    Warwick 5.1 head, warwick 411 cab
    Some marshall 1200 wat head and 410 cab, (not sure what model, saw it in a local store)

2. anyone? with any experience, or even suggestions? accept for ampeg, as i cant afford it :(

3. I have the Kustom Groove Bass 210c, 600 watts and VERY powerful. Nice 9 band eq, though I like a basic set up, so I use the regular bass-mid-high settings. Nice tone for my Waterstone Indra I short scale bass.

These things are heavy, and no option for an extension cab, so keep that in mind. Also, I don't think Kustom makes them anymore, so if you want one check ebay or a dealer. Good luck, if you get one, I think you will be quite happy.

4. Thanks, I found it on a Website and they have stock. The no extention cab is a bit detering, but i guess you dont really need one with 1200 wats!
    I've also played on the Groove 15 combo, and yes they are heavy, but i think the 3x10 has a tilt-back wheel thing

5. Yeah, I love mine! For my type of music, which is 50s rock and pop, it is more than enough power at 600 watts. And the whole point of getting a combo is to NOT have to haul other cabs around. I think 1200 watts would serve you fine, these things are LOUD and POWERFUL, real meat and potato combos for gigging and practice.

6. Yeah, I mostly play metal and i play in the school stage band, but mostly metal. do you think it has the right sound for metal?

7. Yes, I think the Kustom Groove Bass combo would be fine for metal, it is pretty versatile, it is solid state, and can put out sound powerfully. Now, if you have a "signature" tone, I am not sure if it is the best, but if you want power and diverse tones, it will be fine.

8. One of the main resons I was looking at kustom was because Paolo From Trivium uses kustom, and he has an awsome tone.

But after doing some more research I'm starting to lean back towards the ashown stated at in the first comment.

9. balzac

balzac

Aug 25, 2005
    Cairns, Queensland
    You have a PM :)