1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kustom GrooveBass 1200 Vs Warwick X-treme 5.1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Low D., Dec 17, 2006.

1. I m going to get 2 compact cabs.. probably two 2x10, or two 1x12, or 2x10 plus 1x15 :p ... anw...
    I m a bit confused on the amp though. Its Kustom Vs Warwick. Now I heard and played with the Kustom and liked it. I dont know anything about the Warwick sound though... And Kustom is going up to 1200watts(or 800 at 4 Ohms) and Warwick 500watts... but if the tone of the Warwick is superior then 500watts are still enough I guess.
    Does anyone can give me a help how I should choose?
    If the tone is similar, or the Warwick's not that special then I ll stick to the Kustom for sure.. anyone can help?
    thanx in advance.

2. I've never played through the Warwick, actually I didn't even know they made amp heads. I own the Kustom 1200 head and I really like it for it's tonal options and power ratings. I've been very pleased with it. I played a Christmas party last night and it totally kicked butt. So I guess I'm not gonna be much help to you. How much difference in price between the two? That could be a deciding factor possibly. Best of luck. :bassist:

3. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I have no experience with Warwick amps, but I have and gig with a Kustom Groove 1200 head. Let me tell you that I am VERY happy with it's warm tone and the gobs of headroom available.

4. You can check out here a review and some photos of the Warwick head: http://www.warwickbass.com/basssurvival101/prod_xtreme.htm

Now as for pricing, I 've found here a new Kustom GB for $500 and if I want the Warwick I will have to order it for about $800-$900. I know the Warwick is almost the double monen and half the power, but it has built in compression, a weird voicing the tone thing, switching on/off the basic (semi-parametric) EQ and a headphone jack!
    Its like a volume Vs tone thing... but the thing is that I dont have a clue what the Warwick sound's like. :)

5. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Warwick amps are IMO very good , they can be very hifi sounding , but also very tube-warm. Very versatile heads.
    Though they weight alot , but that is beacause they are very well built.
    I can recommend them , but you should try before buying.