Kustom GrooveBass - Rackbag question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liquid-dream-ex, Nov 17, 2005.

1. I'm about to buy a rackbag for my kustom groovebass amp.

Now i'm ot sure if a 2-space rack will be good (i mean, considering the fan/cooling) or if i should buy a 3-rackspace?

Can i buy a 4-space rack and put a rack-drawer on top and the amp at the bottom?
  2. I bought a 4 space bag from Guitar Center for mine, $50 out the door... good thing it was cheap, because it won't last long on the road.

Musicians Friend has some economy rack cases... prolly about $80 for a 4 space. Go that route, get an actual case. You won't regret it, but you might have trouble with a bag -- because the Groove Bass AIN'T LIGHT.
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Mine came with a Gator 3-space rack bag, and this actually is a nice option, as the amp goes all the way to the back of the bag, and the space up top gives you room for the attached power cable (which is long) and speaker cables, etc.

BTW, this is a great amp for the money, IMHO.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I thought about a separate bag, but, I opted for a Gator 8u roller rack instead (only 6u used). The GrooveBass is, indeed, a heavy amp and I just didn't want is slung on my shoulders too much..besides, the extra ridgity and space is a good tradeoff ....for me at least

And I agree w/ Tom....hard to beat the "bang for the buck" value w/ this head!!!!
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Gator Rack Bag works best for this head. Trust me, I tried a few...
  6. I don't think i can get Gator Rack Bags here in austria, so i'll go with a Rockbag.