Kustom kba100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrtaz65, Oct 3, 2002.

1. mrtaz65

Aug 23, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Has anyone here owned or used a Kustom kba100 amp?

As a previous thread mentioned, they are on sale at GC for $199 and I am seriously considering one.

I am a new bass player, so I don't need much. In fact, the kba100 is probably overkill but the price difference for the kba65 is so small, so I'm looking at the kba100.

I just want something to annoy the wife and neighbors with when needed.

2. blindman

Aug 14, 2002
    I have one that I use for practice.It is a competent amp for that use.It has a Celestion 15" but you can run a external cab (which is what I do) at 150 watts.I like the EQ section and the effects.I have also been able to get a decent sound with some fiddling of the EQ.At $199 that is a good buy.I thought I got a deal at $250 back in Feb.Don't expect high quality for that price.Hope this helps.
  3. mrtaz65

Aug 23, 2002
    Portland, OR
    That helps a ton!

Thanks for responding :)
  4. Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    i'm sorry to resurrect this five year old thread, but i picked up one of these amps for $100 off of my friend (who upgraded to a SVT-3 Pro and a 410HLF) and was curious about the extension speaker... the manual says that plugging in an external speaker at 8ohms will disconnect the internal speaker, but you (blindman) say it can go up to 150 with another cab, which would be awesome (i'd love two 15"s). the manual is for the kba65 as well which might be the problem but I have had no luck getting in touch with Kustom so i was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this for me. thanks a bunch!
  5. RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd beleive the manual. But, I don't really know.