1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kustom KXB500 amp and 115 NEO cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jcerio, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jcerio

jcerio Gold Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Musicians Friend has these at $199 for the head and $99 for the cabinet. Is this for real? I'm tempted to order the head and two of the cabs just to see what shows up at the house!

2. jcerio

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I got own the phone with MF and verified that that is in fact correct. I ordered 2 of the 115 NEO cabs and the KXB500 head. With Gold Coverage and shipping it was still under $500. Wish me luck!

3. I'm seriously thinking of buying this myself. Any experience with this cabinet or the Defender 115 NEO which is also on sale for $99? The only review I can find is of the amp and cab that jcerio is buying at Premier Guitar. I can't even find a picture of the Defender cab.

4. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

There are two threads on this over on the Hot Deals forum. The 500W Kustom head was $180 from GC with JULY10 coupon code for 10% off, free shipping. Specs state that it has a Bang & Olefsen power amp module. :D Done deal.

Re: the 115 neo cab, there is no info online as to Defender versus Deep End. Same animal? Maybe it's worth $100 to find out. WWBW offers free shipping on the cab, but there's no reasonable way to return it if you don't like it. If you order from GC, they charge to ship the cab. You could return to a local store and just eat the GC shipping charge. MF has a 15% coupon code "GOUSA" that would apply to the head plus two cabs (!!).

My wife is gonna hurt me. :scowl:

SL

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    IT's not just MF
    Many stores have these prices, but each has different coupons. Shop around.

6. Guitar center, Musicians Friend, Premier Guitars ect...has the sale on Kustom stuff.

7. But that is a tempting deal for the KXB500 for $199.

8. jdbham

jdbham

Oct 24, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    I've been looking for something new and lighter than my current 2x15 Crate rig, so I ordered the KXB500 and (2) 1x15 neo cabs for less than $500. I went with the Guitar Center route so if it totally sucks I can return it within the first 30 days for a refund. I'll update this post once I receive everything and try it out.

9. BACK to what this forums purpose is:
    The 2x10 combos caught my interest, its a shame MF has stopped its free shipping on all items...

10. jcerio

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    My stuff shipped today. According to the MF Rep I have 45 days to return it if I don't like it. Works for me.

11. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Music 123 ships for free. They have coupons too. Sign up for their mail list and you'll get them.

And MusicArts.com store ships free on orders over $50.

Shop around, Same price at all their stores, but their stores have different shipping, coupon, and ship from the same warehouse anyhow.

12. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Please post a review for those who got the cab. $99 seems iresistable.

13. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Seems like a no nonsense kind of a head, just your basic stuff. Has anyone even played one ?

14. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Moderator Insert:
    keep politics off talkbass.

15. remocwen

remocwen

Jun 23, 2011
    Elmira NY
    I ordered the Neo 115 cab over the weekend it's due on Friday. Conveniently, I have a gig Friday night. :) The plan is to replace my ooooold heavy Kustom 115 cab with this newer lighter one, but I'm thinking of trying a 2x15 stack. My other cab is an Ampeg SVT210AV. Decisions, decisions...

I'll update with my thoughts after the gig.

16. jcerio

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    So far it looks like I'll have my new rig on Friday. I've got a gig in a smallish club Friday nite and an outdoor gig on Saturday. If I have it For the weekend I'll post a review.

17. Mschiff

Mschiff

Jul 22, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    im thinking about getting two and stacking them with a 500 watt amp. sound good?

18. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    All of the stores are showing the Neo Cabinet as no longer available. :(

19. Anxious to read about how the Chinese Eminence Neos sound. Since they handle 250W I would think they will be decent.

20. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    1yr0g6.

An excellent deal for less than $300 shipped. Wishing I'd gotten another $99 cabinet now!