1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Kustom KXB500 head and Phil Jones Briefcase

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by J.Wolf, Nov 17, 2016.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Price:
    Selling a couple things to fund a PJB super flightcase. (in case you're interested in trade or partial trade). Pics upon request and I'll try to get the thread updated with pics this evening.

Kustom KXB500 head - got this in trade a few months ago and its REALLY impressive, especially for the money. Very powerful, excellent neutral/transparent tone. I dont have any need for it at this point as I have another backup amp, but I gotta say, cant get much more bang for the buck than this! Comes with original shipping box. excellent condition, zero issues.

$325 shipped in the CONUS

Phil Jones Briefcase
    - I've had this for a few years, and it is really an incredible little amp. The only reason I'm selling it is to fund a larger PJB combo. Amazing build quality, excellent tone. For small gigs and rehearsals, this has been just fabulous for me. Does not come with the battery (never managed to hook all that up). Comes with original slipcover. good condition, the volume knob is a tiny bit loose but it functions perfectly.

$475 shipped in the CONUS

Trades considered (+/- $)

PJB Super Flightcase
    Demeter HBP-1 IMG_7805.JPG IMG_7798.JPG IMG_7801.JPG IMG_7802.JPG IMG_7804.JPG
    IMG_7805.JPG IMG_7798.JPG IMG_7801.JPG IMG_7802.JPG IMG_7804.JPG

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    bump

3. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    That's a great price for a PJB Briefcase

4. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    thanks, I hope someone comes and gets it soon! I'm really impressed with Phil's stuff.

5. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca
    The Kustom KXB 500 is an outstanding micro and I gig mine. No longer produced. Grab it!

J.Wolf likes this.
  6. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    it is REALLY great. for this money, or any money really. this thing would give amps costing 2-3x a run for their money!