Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kyle Eastwood (son of Clint)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 9, 2004.

1. I just caught Kyle Eastwood live last night in London, at Momo's (trendy hangout for snooty fashion types) and he's a really great bassist - I only sound mildly surprised because I didn't really rate him a while back but he is actually very, very good.

While not in the same league as the likes of Bona or Willis for sheer explosive chops and style - he played alot of 5 string electric and was both a dab hand at some really tasty grooves and some very sophisticated solos - plus the guy can write a nice tune as well. His new album 'Paris Blue' is worth checking though it might be a little 'schmoove' for some tastes, but if you get a chance to check hm out live I'd make the effort to see him.

He's a very laid back guy (I guess having such a cool dad helps) and perhaps lacks a little something in terms of show-off charisma - not that I'd ever advocate having that over musicianship - but he was good and his double bass playing was also very sweet too. The other joy of the gig was drummer Mark Mondesir - who again if you haven't heard of check him out - he's like a mini-me version of Dennis Chambers (who also rates him very, very highly) and when Mondesir takes off he has got some of THE most outrageous drum chops you've ever heard - he's awesome.

Right - thanks for reading

M

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I read an interview with him a while ago, but I haven't heard his music. Maybe I should check it out.

3. I think a lot of people (including me) thought or think that because his dad is who he is, that he was just some token 'jazz' bass dude - but I tell you the guy can really play - and he's a very good musician as well - see him live and you'll be convinced - I hope...

4. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Guys, sorry to resume this old thread but... does anybody know if he plays a fretless 5 on Paris Blue and what bass is that ?

Thanks, Paolo