Kyle Eastwood (son of Clint)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 9, 2004.

1. I just caught Kyle Eastwood live last night in London, at Momo's (trendy hangout for snooty fashion types) and he's a really great bassist - I only sound mildly surprised because I didn't really rate him a while back but he is actually very, very good.

While not in the same league as the likes of Bona or Willis for sheer explosive chops and style - he played alot of 5 string electric and was both a dab hand at some really tasty grooves and some very sophisticated solos - plus the guy can write a nice tune as well. His new album 'Paris Blue' is worth checking though it might be a little 'schmoove' for some tastes, but if you get a chance to check hm out live I'd make the effort to see him.

He's a very laid back guy (I guess having such a cool dad helps) and perhaps lacks a little something in terms of show-off charisma - not that I'd ever advocate having that over musicianship - but he was good and his double bass playing was also very sweet too. The other joy of the gig was drummer Mark Mondesir - who again if you haven't heard of check him out - he's like a mini-me version of Dennis Chambers (who also rates him very, very highly) and when Mondesir takes off he has got some of THE most outrageous drum chops you've ever heard - he's awesome.

Right - thanks for reading

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I read an interview with him a while ago, but I haven't heard his music. Maybe I should check it out.
  3. I think a lot of people (including me) thought or think that because his dad is who he is, that he was just some token 'jazz' bass dude - but I tell you the guy can really play - and he's a very good musician as well - see him live and you'll be convinced - I hope...
  4. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Guys, sorry to resume this old thread but... does anybody know if he plays a fretless 5 on Paris Blue and what bass is that ?

Thanks, Paolo