Kyle Whalum's New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Nov 19, 2003.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    JAUQO III-X,

Yo, what's up man?

Hip bass, I work with Kyle's Sister, Courtney (Kirk's Daughter) in my day job. I asked her about him, She said that he started playing bass around 13 and with in a year he had something like 18 basses!! I saw a BET special he was on, playing a Ken Smith.

Are you looking at Adler Guitars? What do you think about that 9 string Lightwave beast?

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Kyle Is a very interesting talent on Bass.he has a very fresh voice in this world of Bass clones.the Ken Smith he has no more because it got stolen a little while ago.and as far as Mike Adler's 9 it was to big for me when I attempted to play it,the string spacing is to wide for me,and the neck is to thick for me. but it had a pretty nice sound to it. I sincerely think that Mike is very Talented as a luthier.he's very open minded and kool to try some things that he's not familar with.to be honest Im waiting on my 8(non doubled)4 fretted,and a 4 fretless, which are about 90% complete,and when I get those Mike will be starting on my fretless 6 and a fretted 5.this is a sincere and honest indication of what I think about Mike Adler's talents

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    That Ken Smith was pretty sweet, sorry to hear that... I was pleasantly impressed by his talent as well.

Wow you have a bunch of basses being made by Mike, that must mean that you approve of his skills and talents as a luthier.

Are there any pix that you could share with us, on either of these new basses of yours?

j

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Im sorry but there are no pics avalable at the moment.

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    :(