Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kyle Whalum's New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Nov 19, 2003.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    JAUQO III-X,

Yo, what's up man?

Hip bass, I work with Kyle's Sister, Courtney (Kirk's Daughter) in my day job. I asked her about him, She said that he started playing bass around 13 and with in a year he had something like 18 basses!! I saw a BET special he was on, playing a Ken Smith.

Are you looking at Adler Guitars? What do you think about that 9 string Lightwave beast?

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Kyle Is a very interesting talent on Bass.he has a very fresh voice in this world of Bass clones.the Ken Smith he has no more because it got stolen a little while ago.and as far as Mike Adler's 9 it was to big for me when I attempted to play it,the string spacing is to wide for me,and the neck is to thick for me. but it had a pretty nice sound to it. I sincerely think that Mike is very Talented as a luthier.he's very open minded and kool to try some things that he's not familar with.to be honest Im waiting on my 8(non doubled)4 fretted,and a 4 fretless, which are about 90% complete,and when I get those Mike will be starting on my fretless 6 and a fretted 5.this is a sincere and honest indication of what I think about Mike Adler's talents

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    That Ken Smith was pretty sweet, sorry to hear that... I was pleasantly impressed by his talent as well.

Wow you have a bunch of basses being made by Mike, that must mean that you approve of his skills and talents as a luthier.

Are there any pix that you could share with us, on either of these new basses of yours?

j

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Im sorry but there are no pics avalable at the moment.

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    :(