1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L-1000 on the 'Bay -- Beware !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlabbaFan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. FlabbaFan

FlabbaFan

Dec 8, 2004
    Watch out, the bass just listed in this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1981-G-L-L-100-l100-BASS-W-OHSC-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ150225658177QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...is the same one I posted about in this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405439

Bottom line, the neck is shot, it needs a new neck. Truss rod has cracked through the fingerboard under the nut. Nut was loose. Bad neck flip at the heel.

Now I see where the original seller wound up dumping this bass.

Is there something I should be doing via eBay to tell what I know about this?

2. +1 tell ebay he is 'false advertising"

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Man, that listing just screams, "I'm trying to rip you off."

You can try reporting it to e-bay as a fraudulent listing...who knows if they'll do anything about it.

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Still, at $425, it's not near the price of a really nice one. It might almost be worth it to pick that up for the body, pickup and hardware, then either have the neck fixed by a good luthier, or have one made.

5. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    I have the same bass I bought new in '81 & the truss rod is popping thru the fretboard also, but it's still playable, so not as bad, but I guess that model has that issue. FlabbaFan when you checked on G&L making a neck was it being made with the same headstock shape?
    CIMG0320-1.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Between this and his feedback, I wouldn't go near the thing.

Now, knowing that he's willingly relisting this without disclosing the damage, I understand his negative feedbacks.

7. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Someone should email that seller a link to this thread.

8. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sent... :hyper:

9. FlabbaFan

FlabbaFan

Dec 8, 2004
    Is this an inappropriate thread? If so, have a mod tell me so and I will delete. Thanks.

10. FlabbaFan

FlabbaFan

Dec 8, 2004
    No, it was to be the newer headstock.