1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L-1500 Bridge Saddle Intonation Screw

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by RobJ, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone knows the thread size and length of the screws used for setting the string length on an L-1500. I was playing my newly acquired fretless the other night and was having intonation issues on the E string as I went up the neck so I went to make an adjustment only to find the screw is missing (how strange is that?). Anyway, I sent email to G&L asking for information but haven't received a response so I was thinking I could maybe find one at AllParts if I knew what size to look for. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    8-32 x 1" (and here's the trick) fillister head screw

Note that the length may vary. I lost one of these myself a while ago without even knowing it. After checking, it appeared that all the intonation screws in that bass (as well as one other) were all 1" in length, however, someone else here claimed G&L will occasionally use a longer screw if intonation demands it. So if your bridge saddle with the missing screw is set "long" (i.e., to sharpen the string's intonation) you might want to look for something longer than an inch.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    i believe you can order these at the gnl webstore.
    if not, try guitarman nyc

4. Thanks for the information guys.

I did check the G&L site, but will look again in case I missed something. I believe they have complete bridges and saddle sets but not just the screws and springs. I have to say I didn't know those are "fillister" heads. Also I sent Lull an email so maybe he has one in his parts bin and will check out the guitarman NYC site.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  6. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

I took one of the other ones out and went to the local hdwe store,and got a new one only longer.

7. Madcity Fats

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'm curious where you got it. When I needed one I looked all over and couldn't find a screw to that spec anywhere, much less a longer version. Had to order some online.

Was this a chain hardware store or a local mom 'n' pop?

8. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

In Minnesota ,I went to Menards,a large home improvement chain-store. But they were not chrome

9. Madcity Fats

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Cool. We have Menards here in WI as well, so thanks for the info.

For the record, the ones I found online were stainless. Didn't seem to matter that they're not quite as shiny as the originals since no one will ever see them anyway.

10. Just got an email back from Lull's shop and they have me covered on the screw, so I should be good to go. Again, thanks for the info and suggestions.

11. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    G&L's screws are staggered in length with the G screw being the longest and the E being the shortest. Most of the time they're fine but now and then you get one that won't intonate properly with particular sets of strings without a longer screw. I had an ASAT bass like that. Changed out the A screw for a longer one and it was fine. The funny thing was it intonated perdectly with the stock strings but with nothing else until I changed the screw.