Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

L-2000 Electronics Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Oct 16, 2005.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Got to finally try the Tribute out yesterday, and I was pretty impressed.
    It took me a few minutes to dope out the few electronic configurations that I found useful(not all 18 are to my taste ;))
    Though I did find it interesting that even in the so called "passive" mode, the middle knob still acts as a treble knob, and the rear knob as a bass knob.
    How does that pan out? I figured, wrongly so apparently, that one of the knobs simply became a traditional passive tone knob. However, I found that not to be the case. The active setting seemed to act as a thick volume boost to the tones you get on the passive setting.

Anyhow, my question...how does that work with a passive electronic setting, and still use treble and bass controls?

2. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    They are bass/treble cut only. The bass knob works just like a regular treble reducing tone knob. So they do the same thing in passive/active/active treble boost.

3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    That's what I would say active mode does. It just gives you more of the tone you had in passive. More highs and lows. I never use the active treble boost, just not my thing. I am a fan of passive mode.

4. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002

Yea, the tones I was able to pan out that I was a fan of had the bass and treble knobs on full, and then just some treble cut every now and then...in that fashion, it seemed very similar to a passive tone knob.

5. I read somewhere that there's something different about the electronics in those basses. If it's in passive mode, the treb/bass knobs still work as if they were in active mode.