1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

L-2000 Electronics Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Oct 16, 2005.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Got to finally try the Tribute out yesterday, and I was pretty impressed.
    It took me a few minutes to dope out the few electronic configurations that I found useful(not all 18 are to my taste ;))
    Though I did find it interesting that even in the so called "passive" mode, the middle knob still acts as a treble knob, and the rear knob as a bass knob.
    How does that pan out? I figured, wrongly so apparently, that one of the knobs simply became a traditional passive tone knob. However, I found that not to be the case. The active setting seemed to act as a thick volume boost to the tones you get on the passive setting.

Anyhow, my question...how does that work with a passive electronic setting, and still use treble and bass controls?

2. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    They are bass/treble cut only. The bass knob works just like a regular treble reducing tone knob. So they do the same thing in passive/active/active treble boost.

3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    That's what I would say active mode does. It just gives you more of the tone you had in passive. More highs and lows. I never use the active treble boost, just not my thing. I am a fan of passive mode.

4. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002

Yea, the tones I was able to pan out that I was a fan of had the bass and treble knobs on full, and then just some treble cut every now and then...in that fashion, it seemed very similar to a passive tone knob.

5. I read somewhere that there's something different about the electronics in those basses. If it's in passive mode, the treb/bass knobs still work as if they were in active mode.