L-2000 Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gman, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've found a used L-2000 that I think I want to get, I just have a question about the truss rod.

I have had G&L's before, and the truss adjustment bolt sticks out of the neck at least 3/8th's of an inch. On this particular bass, the bolt is completely inside the neck. The neck is perfectly straight, and still has a little adjustment left, but the thing has very light gauge strings on it. I just wonder if the light strings are trying to hide something.

Do you think there is anything to be alarmed about ?

2. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The older G&Ls had the protruding truss rod adjustment bolt that was similar to Fender's Bullet system. The new G&Ls now have a recessed truss rod adjustment system. There is nothing to worry about, you bass is perfectly fine. L-2000s rock!
  3. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    Don't worry B happy!;)
  4. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    Best basses I have ever owned and never had a single neck problem.
  5. I once owned an ASAT bass with some pretty significant dead spots. However, I just bought a fretless L-2000 that's perfect, and also have an L-1505 (for sale) that's 100% right-on. So while there are probably some G&L's with legitimate neck issues, there are also many KILLER G&L's out there.
  6. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Since this came back up, I just thought I'd update.

I did get the L-2000. Everything is good. Looks and plays great. I'm still experimenting with settings, but so far, in a band situation, I think I like the active/treble boost setting on the neck pup. Cuts real well.

Thanks for the help.

7. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Somebody please let me know if the above link works. Just when I had Photopoint figured out, they go under and leave me with Yahoo. DAMN.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yes, the link works & the bass looks GREAT!!!!!.

P.S. What happened to PhotoPoint? I haven't been able to go on their site for a while now. Are all my pictures lost? :(
  9. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yep. Looks like they got us. I just paid for membership less than a month ago too. I did a search for Pantellic Software, who just recently raided....Uh, I mean aquired PhotoPoint, and word is, that they let Photopoint go under.

Oh well, live and learn.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, that Photopoint thing ticks me off!:mad::mad::mad: I wonder how many people's money they got away with?
  11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I had a bad feeling about it.... so I never paid.
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Why didn't you warn me?:D