1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L-2000 Tribute problem

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by ZionBound, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    Ok so here's the deal, I love my L-2000 tribute! Its my main bass and I always pick it up first, BUT, recently I went to switch to active and it was acting like my battery was dead. Just to be sure I switched over to active with treble boost and the same outcome. So, I changed the battery and still the exact same happenings. . . Anyone have any idea what the problem may be or any suggestions as to what I can do to trouobleshoot? Oh and btw it's still my main bass and the passive mode works just fine and I just play it like that but I wanna have the option to switch if need be.:help:

2. Could be any of several things at this point: failed Active/Passive switch, failed/failing jack, failed preamp, shorted connection, bad connection, broken wire.

Ken...

3. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    So essentially I have to try and make sure everything is working correctly one by one? I am not very profficient in the circuitry department and I don't wanna screw it up any more than it is. Probably should just take it in. . . I hate paying for stuff that I could potentially do myself

4. Basically, yes. Finding loose connections or broken wires is relatively easy. You wiggle connections and look for looseness that doesn't belong. Any stray wire ends shouldn't be.

I understand entirely, but if you're not comfortable digging in then a pro is your best bet. I'd recommend starting with a G&L dealer.

Ken...

5. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    If you are not a proficient wire chaser and can solder well, you can't fix what is likely at fault here.

Jim

6. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    I think I'm just gonna call the shop I got it from and see if they won't just fix it. Thanks alot for all the input.