Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

L-2000 v. Stingray v. Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pin-drop, Aug 15, 2004.

1. pin-drop

pin-drop

May 29, 2004
    Hello im somewhat limited on access to stores with a all of these basses so it is very difficult to compair them. I was wondering if any one could comment as to how they stack up commpaired to eachother. I would also be buying them used so a price compairison would be valuable as well. I also hear that the Marcus Miller jazz bass is quite good but it also appears more expensive than the mia delux, is it worth the extra coin? Oh ya Im playing through a ada mb1 pre amp into a crown xls 402 (probably should got a ce 1000 but to late now) and a gs 210

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I kinda base a bass on how i feels and how it sounds acoutically. You can always switch electronics out of it, but if a bass doesnt feel good naturally then youll hate it no matter how it sounds. Your looking at 2 totally different feels. A jazz neck is the opposite side of the spectrum than a stingray. I dont know alot about G&L's but i beleive they give you a choice of 6 necks i think. Id say figure out what kind of neck you like then pick between the tone of the g&L or the jazz bass. I can tell you id pick a nice jazz and a stringray over any g&l ive played. Not bad basses just not my thing.

3. Depends on what you are into.....

I've tried all three and own two, a jazz and a L2000.