L-2500 bridge pickup problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I just took delivery of a beautiful "new" floor model L-2500. The problem is the bridge pickup only works when in parallel mode.

I'm one day past the return policy of the shop (48hr return policy). The bass was described as mint, and it otherwise is minus this issue. I suppose the solder could have come loose during shipment. I can rebuild an engine or transmission, but I admittedly am not the best at soldering. Hell, I don't even own a soldering iron.

I contacted the shop about returning the bass, but it really has everything I was looking for in an L-2500... Gorgeous wood top, factory installed k-switch, wood binding... It really is a beautiful instrument.

Ugh... I feel as if I'm at a bit if a crossroads. Do I persue the return, or ask for a partial refund to cover the cost of having the switch professionally repaired/soldered.

2. If it's new then the bass is under the factory warranty.

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    True... I will look into that too.

Though, I pulled the control panel, and sure enough there's a wire that came loose. Given this a relatively easy fix it may be cheaper for me to just bring it to my tech for a quick fix.

Warhawk and willsellout like this.
  4. willsellout

willsellout I apologize in advance. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Any good tech should be able to fix it relatively quickly and cheaply. If you could do some minor troubleshooting just to see if there is anything obvious you might be able to solve the issue yourself. Problem with the G&L is that their wiring is notoriously, horribly, inexcusably, messy. Sometimes it's hard to see anything in those cavities. That's one of the reasons they tend to be on the noisy side.

Yogi Bear likes this.
  5. Make sure any work done is under the warranty guidelines. You don't want to void it by accident.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021