Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

L.A. Kidwell

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Wow. I have found my dream bass. I never usually click on the adds here, but that Manta on that add just drew me to it...

Holy crap, are those suckers sweet!! Love the design, the craftmenship, and everything. I think it is soo cool how they customise even the eq/ volume knobs on it!

So, has anyone played on one of these?

http://www.lakidwell.com/index.htm

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    All hollow body? Interesting...

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten any complaints from Alembic on that omega cut. Looks pretty Alembic-like, yes?

3. Those look pretty cool. I actually quite prefer that look to the alembic omega style. I'm generally not a fan of abnormal body designs, but that looks pretty comfortable. I would actually play one of those, whereas if I saw an omega in a store, I would probably be scared of it. :)

4. Wow!!! these basses are gorgeous!!!
    Love the Manta shape!!!

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I just saw a brand new one in person the other day. They're definitley striking and well put together from what I can tell.

6. they look great, does anyone know what type of sound is made with a musicman pickup in the neck position like on the manta 4 picture?

7. Juan Ortiz Jr.

Juan Ortiz Jr.

Jul 23, 2004
    Lyndon's basses not only look GREAT!!! they sound GREAT!!!
    I am lucky to have the Wicked 5 in my shop. If anyone wants
    to come by and play this bass, PLEASE DO!!! :hyper:
    You can view this instrument @
    www.basses-electric-acoustic.com

Juan :bassist:

8. I noticed those the other day and wondered why no one has ever said anything about them (I tried doing a search). I love the carving and the semi-hollow bodies, sounds like the right way to go about making a light bass.

9. Cool. it almost looks alive like a manta ray :cool:

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It would be a pointless complaint IMO. Several builders have used omega cuts since Alembic.