1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2000 Held Hostage!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Johnny Znuff, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I haven't been here in a dog's age... Been through some tough times-- NASTY separation w/ the wife, plus she turned the kids against me! Towards the end, my inlaws confiscated my freakin' gear (they say I owe them money!). I was crashing at my sister's place and apparently they backed up the Durango and hauled away my: G/K Backline 210 combo, 15" extension cabinet, AND MY PRIZE L2000 SUNBURST W/ NATURAL WOOD BINDING AND G/O TINT NECK!!!!:eek::(:rollno::crying::crying::crying::crying::bawl::mad::mad::bawl::bawl: I couldn't get them into my Saab-- had been trying to get a truck... Wife told me to "deal w/ them"-- If you knew them, you'd know that's impossible-- She's a witch and he's an ex-cop. :bawl: Anyway, I've been away from home since May. The lawyer said he'd try to get it back, but since it was acquired during marriage, iit's "our" property, not mine, per se. I picked up a Squire Precision to tinker w/, but I really miss my G&L!!!:bassist:

2. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Sorry to hear it. I've always had a little jones for a G&L. You have my prayers. I was going to suggest telling the in-laws that if you had your equipment, you could earn gig or lesson money. But that would be acknowledging a debt, which you don't want to do if you don't owe them money. If you owe the ex alimony, maybe appeal to them with that?

3. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    Go over there and slap them upside the head with a loaded .38 Special. I promise you they will scramble around like cockroaches in sunlight trying to get you your gear.

4. MAN!! Would I LOVE to do that!!!:D

5. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I don't know the whole situation ( nor do I want to), but a buddy of mine had something very similar happen a few years back. He called the cops and reported a theft of his gear. After a uniformed officer showed up at his soon-to-be-former in-law's asking questions, the gear found it's way back to him the same day! May be worth a try.

6. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
    Screw the gear, I would want the kids.