1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

L2000 through SVT CL or 2pro?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by RwG, Apr 9, 2006.

1. RwG

RwG

Mar 24, 2006
    orlando, fl
    I'm currently running my L2K through an Ampeg Svt 4 Pro into an Ampeg Svt 410hlf or 810e depending on the venue. I'm not thrilled with the 4pro, I basically use a Sansamp for a preamp and just use the power of the 4 pro. I'm thinking about trading the 4pro in for a SVT-Cl or a SVT 2pro. One of my concerns is that the pickups are so hot and i'm heavy handed - so I'm afraid that i'll be overdriving all the time (unless I learn better technique, or just turn the volume down on the bass). but anyway....are any of you running a L2K through a Svt CL or 2 pro? if so how do you like it. In the music store I love it, but....I know music store sound verses live volume/full band sound isn't really the same.

thanks

edit
    I'm also considering a GK rig

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    I'm not too keen on my Ampig HLF eithier. Does it sound muddy?

3. RwG

RwG

Mar 24, 2006
    orlando, fl
    I think I'm going to convert to GK. I've played the GK 1001RBII a few times this past weekend. It has the sound I've been looking for, it's clean and clear and has punch and definition. It cuts like my ampeg cannot. I suppose a lot of people love the ampeg tone but it's just not doing it for me right now. I tried the SVT-CL again and it was just too muddy for me compared to the GK. With the GK I can start clean and add a little fuzz or OD if i want to with the sansamp. With the Ampeg I get mud and little definition and it's tough for me to get clean. so.....off to GK i will go.