1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2000

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by felixxx, Sep 23, 2008.

1. After spending 5 days playing up with my new acquisition - L2000 Tribute I can say that this bass effectively fulfilled all of my expectations and more, much, much more.:hyper:
    In the same time some things that I just accepted as everlasting truth simply proved to be wrong. Here, I admitted. :)
    First I though that j neck width is the best. I knew that Tribbies come only with p neck, and I was not totally happy with it, but I thought I'd give it a try. Well, the neck on my Tribby is so nice. It feel more natural than my old j bass. It's wider but thinner, feels really nice. Frets are perfect, I could set an action low, very low and no fret buzz.
    Second, I was always purely passive kinda guy. But this boost mode is plainly fantastic. You can't not love it.
    And the last, I actually never realized how weak j pups are comparing to L2K pups.
    Thanks Leo. And thanks Kevin (previous owner).

And yes, I apologize for lack of pics. Next time I promise.

2. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    I was spoiled with an L2k prior to owning a Jazz. I think that's why I've struggled to like the Jazz. Never played as well as the L2k. I put a P neck on and that helped a lot, but the L2k still plays better. Have gone through a few sets of pickups (still trying to keep it passive), and have finally found some that I like enough. But it's still nowhere near the L2k...

Glad you're lovin' the new bass.