1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2500 great update

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by funkythumb, Sep 8, 2008.

1. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Just a little nod to G&L. I just bought a used L2500. I took it out to both of my church worship gigs this weekend. Kicked butt. No hum.
    The engineer on my morning service, who is a world-class keyboardist (recorded with Mike Stern) and respected educator, told me that the G&L sounded better for THAT room than my Sadowsky, MTD or Lull that I've brought it over the last month.
    There you go. I paid a fraction of the price of the other basses.
    :):hyper:

2. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    Pics????

3. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    My sound man told me virtually the same thing. He said "I don't know anything about basses but your bass sounds better than any bass I have mixed here".

I play straight into a DI box with no amp or effects. I usually play passive with both pups on and in parallel mode. I might play with the switches a little depending on the tune but usually just plug and play.

Leo did a pretty good job with these basses.

4. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Amen. I'm going to try it out this weekend on my Top40 gig and see how it fairs.
    These basses are such a good deal that I'm itching to find another L2500 but with a rosewood board.
    Any preferences on body woods? I have the older Tilia and I really like it.
    Should I look for another Tilia or go for an ash if I find one?

5. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'll put pics on soon. I'm trying to get one from a wedding photographer who shot me at a wedding this past Saturday.
    Also, I fiddle around quite a bit with the knobs. Some settings work better than others in certain rooms.
    One of the most amazing things about this bass is that it sounds GREAT in passive mode. Oh my!!! It's still punchy and loud.
    I even had a better time with it this weekend. Only complaint about mine is that the highs aren't quite there. I'm ok with that though. I don't want to rewire the electronics.