1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2500 Tribute Individual Outer SC/Parallel/Inner SC switches wiring help please!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by fourstringbliss, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I've got an L2500 Tribute with an Audere 3ZB preamp and individual series/single coil/parallel switches.

I'd like to do a complete copper foil shielding job, and while I'm in there I want to replace the Audere 3ZB with an Audere Classic Four Band pre, and replace the individual series/single coil/parallel switches with individual outer single coil/parallel/inner single coil switches.

Below is a wiring diagram for a unified outer single coil/parallel/inner single coil using a 4PDT switch.

Wiring.

I've got a bunch of on-on-on DPDT switches - could I split this unified switch in half on two of these?

2. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Bump.

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes- a 4pdt switch is identical to 2 dpdt switches being flipped at the same time.

Karl

4. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks!

So the yellow and white wires from each pup go to the switches - do the green and black wires go to ground?

5. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yep- since you aren't wiring for "series" mode, you can just view each pickup as 2 seperate coils. Each coil has a "start" (ground) and a "finish"(hot). The Green and Black wires are both "start", and the Yellow and White are both "finish".

Karl

6. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    So, you wire the "start" wire to ground?

7. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes