1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2K nut?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Scionreality, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm going to have my nut adjusted tonight. O_O

If I get a slot filed out for a heavier string, what effect does it have if I put a lighter string back in? Will it not stop well at the nut?

Does anyone know what the Tribute nuts are made from? I think it's just plastic, but I'd like to know for sure.

Also, with that heavy a string in the E position (tuned down to D) should the bottom of the slot in the nut be raised? I typically play with a pick and pluck quite hard, and a "normal" setup usually results in a little fret rattle here and there for me at the upper reaches of the neck, reaching lower with each heavier string.

So, what do you think?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020